About WEA Cymru
WEA Cymru came into being on 10th January 2014 through the merger of Coleg Harlech WEA(N) and WEA South Wales.
The WEA is a democratic, independent and voluntary adult education movement, committed to widening participation, promoting active citizenship and skills development and providing the best quality learning, through a collaborative approach, working across the whole of Wales.
To enhance the life chances of adults and young people through the delivery of high quality education that promotes active citizenship, employability, cultural enrichment, social justice and health and well being, giving due regard to the Welsh language and culture and the diversity of communities in Wales.
To empower individuals, through the attainment of confidence, skills and knowledge, so that they can play an active and democratic role in society locally, nationally and internationally.
Our vision is to be the leading provider of adult community learning and workplace learning in Wales, with a strong strategic role within Adult Community Learning.
To involve learners, volunteers, branches, members and other partners in:
• Influencing and campaigning on behalf of adult and young learners
• Removing barriers to learning
• Being responsive to learners, individuals, employers and communities
• Making the most effective use of resources
• Promoting learning for life
• Changing and enriching lives through learning – at individual and community level and in the workplace
• Enriching the civic and cultural life of Wales
• Promoting of Welsh language and culture
• Developing adult education thought and practice
• Working in tandem with key local, regional and national strategies
• Promoting adult education worldwide